One last day with an old friend.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One last day with an old friend.

Post  UF OozY on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:58 pm

As some of you may know, some may not, but Halo 2 Vista is finally shutting down. Come February 15 I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) windows will be shutting down the servers for good. I would like to have one last weekend on the game that brought most of us together. Those who have lost their game or simply need it can download it from teamspeak. I will personally get keys for those who need them. We will play all the classic and fun gametypes we played back in training. Anyone is welcome and I will even try to bring in some older people if I can. And for old times sake I say we have a UF clan FFA in the last day game day. Im going to record gameplay and teamspeak that day and I will upload it for the memories. Very Happy Very Happy For the day I would say a weekend for the simple fact of seeing wired lol.

UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: One last day with an old friend.

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:21 am

Haha, well this is surprising news. Well I'm free any time, just make a time and I will stay up late xD
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:29 am

Well sounds like a must then Very Happy . I mean this really was the game that brought us all together, I would hate to miss the chance to play one last time on it with all of you.

UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:39 am

Imma be there Razz of course it's getting shut down before I can get a good chance to master it. Does this mean we'll switch over to CE?

UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:09 pm

You know, we can still LAN Halo 2 if the online goes down. We all just need to get Evolve or whatever and do it that way xD
THERE IS NO END!!
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF OozY on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:37 pm

Two weeks from now maybe? XD Next weekend is the Gatecrash prerelease so I'm going to that XD. Then the release is the weekend after that but it shouldn't last til Saturday so does February 2nd work for everyone?

UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Norway on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:47 am

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:You know, we can still LAN Halo 2 if the online goes down. We all just need to get Evolve or whatever and do it that way xD
THERE IS NO END!!

Just sayin, we can play hamachi or if xbox then xbconnect.
UF Norway
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:32 pm

UF Norway wrote:
UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:You know, we can still LAN Halo 2 if the online goes down. We all just need to get Evolve or whatever and do it that way xD
THERE IS NO END!!

Nooooo! The box is pure evil Twisted Evil

UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF OozY on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:36 pm

UF Spartan19423 wrote:
UF Norway wrote:
THERE IS NO END!!

You have never played reach or halo 4 sir. I love the xbox and would do anything for it <3

UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:39 pm

UF OozY wrote:
UF Spartan19423 wrote:
UF Norway wrote:
THERE IS NO END!!

You have never played reach or halo 4 sir. I love the xbox and would do anything for it <3

Exactly, because you have been corrupted by the box! It has consumed you like the flood consumes bodies. This is what has happened to you.

OR as mass effect 3 quote goes: "Listen to yourself! You are indoctrinationated!" by the reapers, aka the xbox!

Nahh im kidding, all things fair, I guess the box is what it is, a console and there should be no war between it or the PC. It is just plain ridicolous. But as far as converting to it then no. Unless they get me a keyboard and a mouse to play it, I am not going to give up years of gaming experiance, to become a noob once again in fps's Very Happy

UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF OozY on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:10 am

UF Spartan19423 wrote:
UF OozY wrote:
UF Spartan19423 wrote:
UF Norway wrote:
THERE IS NO END!!

Exactly, because you have been corrupted by the box! It has consumed you like the flood consumes bodies. This is what has happened to you.

OR as mass effect 3 quote goes: "Listen to yourself! You are indoctrinationated!" by the reapers, aka the xbox!

Nahh im kidding, all things fair, I guess the box is what it is, a console and there should be no war between it or the PC. It is just plain ridicolous. But as far as converting to it then no. Unless they get me a keyboard and a mouse to play it, I am not going to give up years of gaming experiance, to become a noob once again in fps's Very Happy
You can get a mouse and keyboard for the box, it think it costs a bit more but I do remember people trying it. It's glitchy since its meant for controllers though.

UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:14 pm

mhh, fair enough, but the point remains, where the controller people would still have autoaim as a possibility, so I would still have a caertain "handicap" while playing against them. Plus the box wants you to play for your gold service in order you could play multiplayer, at least for the halo games. So if I am only going to want to pay for the game, I can suck it, as far as the microsoft is concerned. And i would like to have money for other stuff as well Wink . So no, all in all, no, I won't still be getting the box, not unless I had a job and even then I would think hard about it.

But anyway, doesn't matter. This is still a topic about halo 2 and us coming together to play it one last time (with the servers).

UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:38 pm

"Exactly, because you have been corrupted by the box! It has consumed you like the flood consumes bodies. This is what has happened to you."

Not technically... just the calcium deposits in your body, then uses whatever's left to provide a body for itself. More or less, anyways, the entire backstory and science behind the flood is amazing - halo wiki ftw. Anyways, as far as H2 goes, we do have a server, do we not? Maybe we could set it up as a thing just for us? I'd be willing to look into it, even if it means I'd have to learn another scripting language

UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Norway on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:08 pm

UF Ezio wrote:"Exactly, because you have been corrupted by the box! It has consumed you like the flood consumes bodies. This is what has happened to you."

Not technically... just the calcium deposits in your body, then uses whatever's left to provide a body for itself. More or less, anyways, the entire backstory and science behind the flood is amazing - halo wiki ftw. Anyways, as far as H2 goes, we do have a server, do we not? Maybe we could set it up as a thing just for us? I'd be willing to look into it, even if it means I'd have to learn another scripting language

Halo Wiki? SCRUB, read the books, in cryptum it talks about how the humans beat the flood, they let the flood eat a third of their population programmed with an anti virus for the flood.
UF Norway
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF OozY on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:49 pm

UF Ezio wrote:"Exactly, because you have been corrupted by the box! It has consumed you like the flood consumes bodies. This is what has happened to you."

I can set up a server if you wish, if anything we could borrow (not likely) a server for a while. My connection isn't guaranteed so I can't host one but I could set it up one someone else's connection if they want.

UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:15 pm

UF Norway wrote:

Halo Wiki? SCRUB, read the books, in cryptum it talks about how the humans beat the flood, they let the flood eat a third of their population programmed with an anti virus for the flood.

To be fair, I read the legally available chapters 1 and 2 Razz Unless you have an online copy you'd like to link me to?

UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Cause it is shutting down...

Post  Minilea on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:46 am

Hey guys!

Cause Halo 2 vista's servers will be shutting down after Feb 15th, any plans for playing one last game?

Minilea

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:24 am

UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:22 pm

Can't wait, I remember the last bout we had, when I just got it and suggested it Very Happy

UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF OozY on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:37 pm

UF Ezio wrote:Can't wait, I remember the last bout we had, when I just got it and suggested it Very Happy
When is the exact date of the match up guys?

UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Norway on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:07 am

UF OozY wrote:
UF Ezio wrote:Can't wait, I remember the last bout we had, when I just got it and suggested it Very Happy

February the second between 5 - 10 pm GMT
UF Norway
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Norway on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:09 am

i am saddened that i never got to play much with you guys, i played some with reapz and comedian, thats how i got here ! Very Happy but other than playing wit a few of you i was not here in the ''old'' days so i would like to have a proper custom game with you guys, maybe some infection too?
UF Norway
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF OozY on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:30 pm

UF Norway wrote:
UF OozY wrote:

February the second between 5 - 10 pm GMT
I'll try to be there, this good for everyone else?

UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Michael3005 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Nuuuuuu :'( it's a shame H2V is being shut down Sad I'll do what I can to be there Smile
UF Michael3005
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:33 pm

That's 1am onwards for me, sure I can stay up late Wink
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down