Movie: "Hobbit"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Movie: "Hobbit"

Post  UF Vishna on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:38 am

Since it has been quiet again in forum I'll post new topic about movie "Hobbit".
Has anyone went to see it?

I did and it was amazing. Of course I need to say that I'm a big fan on Tolkien world so my opinion isnt so neutral Very Happy

First there is big discussion about the new quality of video itself. Usully we watch 24fps but Peter Jackson made it twice bigger: 48 fps. At first it was very weird to watch so good quality, but I'm not so critical about it, as other are. Yes my head started to ache too a little, but thats is just because its new and people are often afraid on new things and like to let everything stay as it is. But in my opinion it was very cool to watch.

Storyline was pretty well done also, it contained very big amount of scenes what were in books also + the extra material what they got for the film, was also interesting and new to watch. Couple things were different, what was little disturbing, but thats usual with Hollywood films. Some may dislike the amount of details in the movie, but again as fan on LOTR, I like that Jackson took allmost everything from book and put it into movie.

This is my opinion. If someone has seen the movie also, then share your opinion also.
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie: "Hobbit"

Post  UF Norway on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:11 am

UF Vishna wrote:Since it has been quiet again in forum I'll post new topic about movie "Hobbit".
Has anyone went to see it?

I did and it was amazing. Of course I need to say that I'm a big fan on Tolkien world so my opinion isnt so neutral Very Happy

First there is big discussion about the new quality of video itself. Usully we watch 24fps but Peter Jackson made it twice bigger: 48 fps. At first it was very weird to watch so good quality, but I'm not so critical about it, as other are. Yes my head started to ache too a little, but thats is just because its new and people are often afraid on new things and like to let everything stay as it is. But in my opinion it was very cool to watch.

Storyline was pretty well done also, it contained very big amount of scenes what were in books also + the extra material what they got for the film, was also interesting and new to watch. Couple things were different, what was little disturbing, but thats usual with Hollywood films. Some may dislike the amount of details in the movie, but again as fan on LOTR, I like that Jackson took allmost everything from book and put it into movie.

This is my opinion. If someone has seen the movie also, then share your opinion also.

Yes, it was the film of the year! and the quality was great. The extra material was apperantly taken from Silmarillion.
UF Norway
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:19 pm

I am not going to read anything in this topic... I hate Australian flim distribution... I will not be seeing The Hobbit until the 26th when it finally gets released in Australia -.- Evil or Very Mad
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Norway on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:31 am

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:I am not going to read anything in this topic... I hate Australian flim distribution... I will not be seeing The Hobbit until the 26th when it finally gets released in Australia -.- Evil or Very Mad
it was even made in New zealand, and it drops in norway 2 weeks before xD
UF Norway
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF OozY on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 am

Honestly I haven't seen any of the trilogy or the Hobbit, but I want to XD

UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:03 am

UF OozY wrote:Honestly I haven't seen any of the trilogy or the Hobbit, but I want to XD

Not even Lord of the Rings? Shame on you!!! Watch them now! Wink
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:08 pm

UF OozY wrote:Honestly I haven't seen any of the trilogy or the Hobbit, but I want to XD

Well guess what you are doing this weekend... ITS MARATHON TIME!

But let me warn you, with all the eating breaks and bathroom breaks, it is a 12 hours marathon. Trust me, we tried...

UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:01 am

*BUMP*
New Hobbit is coming!
Be ready to go to the cinemas Very Happy
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:18 am

I love how this is almost exactly a year later xD

UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:22 pm

I started reading this and it didn't make sense until I saw the *bump* comment xD But in good spirit, I actually just got finished performing the entire Lord of the Rings symphony no. 1 which included the Hobbit movement Smile

UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Looking forward to seeing it, and I'm NOT going to see it in HFR again, 48fps makes films look like highly detailed video games when the CG comes on screen... it's kinda ew...
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:20 am

Well I saw it yesterday and it was EPIC.There were only 2 things that bothered a little bit.
* Some thing were left out and from some events they jumped over so fast, you couldn't start think of them and they were over.
* It was good/bad thing. There were many 1 to 1 things from LOTR movies. Like some scene were like taken from LOTR and now were in Hobbit but with different characters.

Otherwise it was a good 2 hours and 40 min spent.

PS. The 48 FPS wasn't so bad, atleast to me. But we have our own opinion about that. For example I liked the fights scenes, they weren't is slow motion thats to high frame rate and gave a new experience.
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:21 am

Saw it, and it was only available in 3D and HFR.... well, it didn't bother me as much this time.

It was good, but the whole Smaug battle went nowhere, and was too long...
The whole thing could have been shorter.
I did laugh at some good bits, especially the barrel part, so well choreagraphed Very Happy
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top