Lets Do This!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lets Do This!

Post  UF Nitsuj2122 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:58 pm

Who's up for making something awesome?!

I was thinking about making something huge, something truly Amazing. Then It hit me. We as a server should make something, something that will make our server unique. Something we can all help with, and be proud of. I was thinking of changing up the spawn area for the SMP world. (Maybe Creative too) I was thinking making A huge city, Castle, Floating island, etc. Then I or one of our awesome team can record the build, and upload it to Oosmus's Youtube Channel.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lemme know what you think! (I know some awesome recording mods we can use!) :nyan:
UF Nitsuj2122
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Lets Do This!

Post  UF OozY on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:01 am

Sure I'll help and we do need more creative buildings. I've got some ideas I may start working on and we do need to redo the server promotion video on YouTube.

UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:59 am

Sounds like a good idea.

I think we should take Nitsu idea and but it in the new world, what would be like and Adventure/roleplay map. Then there's use for all those ideas. We could also make a story to the world so we would have live adventure map or something like that. Very Happy

Thats my idea.
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Nitsuj2122 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:24 pm

UF Vishna wrote:Sounds like a good idea.

I think we should take Nitsu idea and but it in the new world, what would be like and Adventure/roleplay map. Then there's use for all those ideas. We could also make a story to the world so we would have live adventure map or something like that. Very Happy

Thats my idea.
Awesome Idea #1! Soo many Ideas, Soo many possibilities!
UF Nitsuj2122
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:50 am

I'll start writing a small backstory for it then.

Oozy can you make a new world to server what we could start builing in creative mod first. Random terrain, not superflat.
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:22 pm

So I did small brainstorm on the storyline and this is my version, what if you like, could start developing, editing.
(Don't kill be about the grammar - okey? Very Happy)

Mineloka – Doomed land of Humans

565 years ago was the first time then human walked on the lands, what we now know as Mineloka. The first colonisers were the Kalvendi heritage. They came to these lands and started living here. Soon came more travellers, who were looking for new chance and place where they could settle down and live a quiet life. Decades past and soon there was a first city, what they called Kalvanular. The rulers of the city were Kalvendil heritage, since they were first who came here and also were very rich. They started colonizing other regions close to them and after 2 centuries the land was filled with humans.
They had happy life in Mineloka: There was nothing what could stop their great life. But in the year 416(Time counting starts from the year first humans came to the Mineloka.) A strange young man came into Mineloka. He wasn’t like other people. He rarely talked to others and kept his socialization to minimal. After a while citizens of Mineloka didn’t turn attention to him.
2 years after the stranger had come, weird things started to happen in down. People started missing, wild animals were more aggressive, unexplainable events happened. Then one day the city got attacked by massive undead force. It came out that the stranger was behind it. He Called himself Marhazak: Bringer of Doom. He was a necromancer and all the people who had thought to be lost, were killed and turn to undead by him. The city had hard time fighting against them. Finally the city fell. Only few got out of there.
The remains of escaped humans abandoned the city of Kalvanular and moved far away from it. Luckily the Marhazak wasn’t in hurry of taking over the world. Years passed and humans started to have normal life again, if you can call it normal. Life was similar to what it used to be, but now they needed to be on guard 24/7. Also more people became warriors to defend their homeland.
It was year 560, when Marhazak started massive invasion again. This time humans were ready. They fought bravely and Marhazak had hard time fighting against them. Even the King Kalvanar III, the ruler of all people of Mineloka, went to fight with him.

Our story start in year 565 when the war controls the lands.

So I thought, that the spawnpoint would be, close to the main city, what would be main base of operation.
People who join came could first get there and investigate what this world is about. I thought that they shouldn’t hold on to storyline so much, but it would be like a guide so they could make the story their self. They can build their own homes and do projects, but when it comes to talking and doing different kind of events with other players, it needs to be roleplay style. Of course we(need to desice that also, if this things gets it wheels rolling.), moderators of this map and story would give and make different events, but in the main line people could play how they want.
In the Adventure/Roleplay map there should be little bit different rules and settings, than in normal maps. These rules and settings should include stuff like:
• Difficulty should be hard or higher, so that there would be more enemies at night, helping the idea of zombie war. It isnt supposed to be easy map to play, but more of a challenge.
• When person wants to talk out of roleplay stuff, then they need to add at the start of their chat combination:”OG” – Out Game, so other could understand when they don’t talk roleplay stuff.
• People should try to be in character when they meet other players, since after all, it is a roleplay map.
• Rules about killing each others would be less strict, because person’s character may be cold blood killer working for Marhazakor or something like that.
• About looting we need to discuss more, because people have different kind of viewpoint about it.
• Storyline objects, buildings etc. are not allowed to damage and destroy, if not said otherwise.
Before we let this public we need to build on the world the main locations and maybe some smaller objects, side quests, so to make it more interesting.

Also I think the main character in story: King, Marhazak etc, should be unplayable, cause I don’t think we can get so many player that it should be worth putting in.

So yea, these are my ideas, let me know what you think about it. Of course it wont be like any big adventure maps what you may look at youtube, but it would be start of and self developing adventure/roleplay map. And who knows, maybe it may grow big someday.

Over and out.

UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF OozY on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:24 pm

UF Vishna wrote:I'll start writing a small backstory for it then.

Oozy can you make a new world to server what we could start builing in creative mod first. Random terrain, not superflat.
the worlds done, just need to set it up.

UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Nitsuj2122 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:04 pm

O.O Nice story! That was not short in any means. XD Where did you get the names, do they mean anything? I have some awesome ideas for the ruins! Oh and btw 1.3 is coming out soon! We can do a lot with the new stuff, so keep that in mind. Mojang want's the release date to be a secret. "Secret Friday Update" Good news, They say that the release date is close at hand...
UF Nitsuj2122
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:01 am

Nitsuj2122 wrote:O.O Nice story! That was not short in any means. XD Where did you get the names, do they mean anything? I have some awesome ideas for the ruins! Oh and btw 1.3 is coming out soon! We can do a lot with the new stuff, so keep that in mind. Mojang want's the release date to be a secret. "Secret Friday Update" Good news, They say that the release date is close at hand...

Names I just randomly thought, they dont mean anything yet... I didnt spend time of it cause it didnt know how people think about it. But of course we can think of meaning to names and stuff.

I also thought that in that wolrd should have moderators who play as NPC(Non playable character) and have rights to give/sell items and build in world as in creative mode. Cause then we can make quest and buying system.

I thought that the money system would be very easy: For money we use gold ignots. With gold ignots you can buy different items form moderator: for example - iron sword would cost 3 ignots, iron pickaxe also 3, diamond sword 64 ignots, stack of stone would cost 9 ignots, etc. I'll make a Excel file for prices later on

Money could be earned mostly in 2 ways: completeing quests(mini/side quests and normal quests.) or thrue mining and finding gold.
For mini/side quest, I thought of these options:

Side quests:
• Hunter – Hunt X amount of zombies, spiders enderman etc, get Y amount of something(mostly ignots) in return.
• Retrieve a holy object – at specific location there is a X item in chest and its hidden and guarded by enemies. For reward, get the X item or something else(ignots again).
• Farming, wood cutting, mining, etc – get X amount of Y item, in return get Z amount of C item.
• Build – Player builds something and gets reward.

And normal quests:
• Going on a adventure – Moderator thinks of an story and builds necessary stuff if needed. Then he goes with player(s) to quest and acts as supervisor and storyteller or as a NPC.

with these quests it would make the gameplay more interesting: You dont have to go and mine everything, you can buy everything you need with money. But you could get and finish quest only when moderators are in and give it to you, not that you think yourself a random quest and do it and later demand reward.

Again couple of ideas. Feedback is welcome.
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Nitsuj2122 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:01 am

Ezio can make the /md commands! (Mob disguise) So anyone the owner chooses can be a villager. We can make a tower defense game out of it. We can have 2 teams. Zombies and normal players. When the zombies invade the city the player have to stop them by hitting them. If your in /md and your hit you go back to normal. Then they fight for you. If they hit one of your villagers you can't trade with that player anymore and he/she can fight now. (Villagers in this game are only allowed to run and trade) There would be more zombies than normal players. The game is over when: 1.) Zombies take control of the city. (Towers) or 2.) All zombies were turned normal again. We can even put a world guard up so no real mobs spawn, and if you leave the world guard it will tell you to go back. In the towers will be the villagers. Also when a tower is taken over the tower can light up or something. The towers can be made to look like ruins too.
UF Nitsuj2122
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF OozY on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:51 am

A long time ago I used to have an RPG plugin with vampires, demons, witches, werewolves, pretty much everything lol.

UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:47 am

Nitsuj2122 wrote:Ezio can make the /md commands! (Mob disguise) So anyone the owner chooses can be a villager. We can make a tower defense game out of it. We can have 2 teams. Zombies and normal players. When the zombies invade the city the player have to stop them by hitting them. If your in /md and your hit you go back to normal. Then they fight for you. If they hit one of your villagers you can't trade with that player anymore and he/she can fight now. (Villagers in this game are only allowed to run and trade) There would be more zombies than normal players. The game is over when: 1.) Zombies take control of the city. (Towers) or 2.) All zombies were turned normal again. We can even put a world guard up so no real mobs spawn, and if you leave the world guard it will tell you to go back. In the towers will be the villagers. Also when a tower is taken over the tower can light up or something. The towers can be made to look like ruins too.

Its a good idea what we can use sometimes, but to make it always that game mode is not so godo idea. Main problem is that we dont have so much player atm, so we may put it into future plans when we have more players. But I like the game idea and we should use it when we have enough people.

My idea was that there are like 1-3 moderators who will act as quest givers and play the characters what are needed, so that there still would be normal minecraft based gameplay.

Let's make an example with Nitsu idea:
In story line comes a part when zombies will inviade the main city where players are. Attacking zombies would be real zombies. Moderators will put down zombie spawnboxes/spawneggs and release the horde. Twisted Evil After they have destroyed the spawnboxes/spawneggs, the players who act as zombies will attack. (I think that the victory system what you thought of Nitsu is a bit hard). Instead there would be that if zombie players get in and are able to conquer a specific point in down, then humen players must retreat out of the city and undead win or we can make it like that each time a human player dies he joins zombies for that invasion and when all human player are dead, then undead win. Win for human players would be after they have defeated the zombie players specific amount of times, then the zombie players must retreat and humans have won.

But this example would happen not very often, only when there are enough players to play it. Otherwise it would still be normal gameplay where players can take quests and earn money or do their usual minecraft stuff.

@ Oozy: I can't(or don't now how) get in the adventure map, could you make a way or command for that. Also the builder(s) who will make world before it is opened to public play need to be able to use creative mod or atleast have huge amount of building materials so they could build the neccessary things.

Since atm there arent any specific player who will start to work with this project and I volunteer for it. (And I guess that Nitsu and Oozy want to join too.)

UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Beazt on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:03 pm

*opens page*
Sees wall of text
*closes*
UF Beazt
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:35 pm

UF Beazt wrote:*opens page*
Sees wall of text
*closes*
Only I make long posts Very Happy
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF OozY on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Sees wall of text
*closes*
Noob download minecraft from teamspeak Razz

UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:19 am

Sees wall of text
*closes*

Opens post
Reads this post
Laughs
Then thinks a bit
laughs again
closes

UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:37 pm

UF Spartan19423 wrote:
Sees wall of text
*closes*

Opens post
Reads this post
Laughs
Then thinks a bit
laughs again
closes
Hahahah
Ditto
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:26 am

So I'll be posting some pictures also to show you guys progress.
Pictures
Note: work in progress, this not finished and there may be differences in final product. Very Happy
Spoiler:

So city from outside look. Kinda average looking city, didnt want to make it very luxurius, cause the people are having hard time to keep off evil and don't spend their money on beauty so much. But there may be more elegant citys in future, depending how much this world will be played.

Another look to the city.

Small peak through the main gate.

Inside of small traven

Outside of city, kinda good place since it had jungle, forest and desert nearby, so building materials can be found anykind.

Ideas, feedback are welcome.
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top