Hello!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello!

Post  w4sh1ngton on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi everyone - I finally found time to become a member of the site, even though it didn't take very long XD My brother Ezio's been pestering me to join up for a long time....
Some of you might know me from the Minecraft server as Washington Razz Can't wait until it's back up. Now that I have a life again, I can actually play. Very Happy
Idk what else to say....

w4sh1ngton
Guest
Guest

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Haha, Brilliant! Have a "life to play" Very Happy
Well it's good to have you here Wash Wink
(You didn't get the name Wash from RvB did you? Razz)
avatar
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Posts : 1265
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 28
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  w4sh1ngton on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Haha, totally got the name from RvB. My friends actually call me Wash... even Epsilon...
And yes, I now have a life to play. Soccer season is almost over, so now I don't have practice or a game every night of the week.

w4sh1ngton
Guest
Guest

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:04 pm

w4sh1ngton wrote:Haha, totally got the name from RvB. My friends actually call me Wash... even Epsilon...
And yes, I now have a life to play. Soccer season is almost over, so now I don't have practice or a game every night of the week.
I love playing soccer xD You're the second American that I know who plays Razz Seems like it's getting popular over there Smile
avatar
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Posts : 1265
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 28
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  w4sh1ngton on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:09 pm

You're the first Australian I've met that plays soccer - what position?

w4sh1ngton
Guest
Guest

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:20 pm

w4sh1ngton wrote:You're the first Australian I've met that plays soccer - what position?
Usually defence, or goalie. But just to clarify, about half the people that I've played soccer with in Australia are internationals, like brits, saudi's, welsh, africans. Aussies are more into Footy (Aussie Football), rugby and cricket.

Speaking of sport though, I go to an annual event here where it's a weekend of like 20 different sports, heaps of fun. I do beach volleyball with that too xD SOOO much fun!
avatar
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Posts : 1265
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 28
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  w4sh1ngton on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:01 pm

Nice - I play goalie too! I've only had one sorta 'major' injury this year - I broke a finger XD. Sadly we lost that game because the girls we played cheated.

w4sh1ngton
Guest
Guest

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF Michael3005 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:12 pm

w4sh1ngton wrote:Haha, totally got the name from RvB. My friends actually call me Wash... even Epsilon...
And yes, I now have a life to play. Soccer season is almost over, so now I don't have practice or a game every night of the week.

Welcome =) we share a nickname, a friend allso calls me epsilon after a plane I worked on Razz a Socata TB30 Epsilon
avatar
UF Michael3005
UF Admin
UF Admin

Posts : 566
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 23
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF Ezio on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:04 pm

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:
w4sh1ngton wrote:Haha, totally got the name from RvB. My friends actually call me Wash... even Epsilon...
And yes, I now have a life to play. Soccer season is almost over, so now I don't have practice or a game every night of the week.
I love playing soccer xD You're the second American that I know who plays Razz Seems like it's getting popular over there Smile

Make that a third... she got the soccer playing from me... and i've played 13 years of it.

_________________
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=3708&v=trending
avatar
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Posts : 365
Join date : 2011-10-27
Age : 22
Location : Dahlonega, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:50 pm

UF Ezio wrote:
UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:
w4sh1ngton wrote:Haha, totally got the name from RvB. My friends actually call me Wash... even Epsilon...
And yes, I now have a life to play. Soccer season is almost over, so now I don't have practice or a game every night of the week.
I love playing soccer xD You're the second American that I know who plays Razz Seems like it's getting popular over there Smile

Make that a third... she got the soccer playing from me... and i've played 13 years of it.
I swear you are a nerd God Wink The best I can say is I did karate for 10 years xD Stopped last year because I was flying away so much. I should go back now...
avatar
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Posts : 1265
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 28
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF Ezio on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:33 pm

I wouldn't say God... If I was, I'd be able to figure out how a photon has momentum but no mass... honestly the best thing I can come up with is that something somewhere is messed up in physics. Either A. Photons do have mass, and actually the entire Newtonian physics needs to be redone, or Photons don't exist... which screws up every wacked up theory out there atm, lol

_________________
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=3708&v=trending
avatar
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Posts : 365
Join date : 2011-10-27
Age : 22
Location : Dahlonega, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF OozY on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:48 pm

GO AWAY WASHINGTON!!!!!!! XD jk about time you joined the forums Very Happy

_________________

avatar
UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Posts : 975
Join date : 2011-05-17
Age : 22
Location : My drum set, Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:16 pm

UF Ezio wrote:I wouldn't say God... If I was, I'd be able to figure out how a photon has momentum but no mass... honestly the best thing I can come up with is that something somewhere is messed up in physics. Either A. Photons do have mass, and actually the entire Newtonian physics needs to be redone, or Photons don't exist... which screws up every wacked up theory out there atm, lol
I would say that photons is mass that has reached the speed of light, whereas mass that is hardly moving, is more "solid". Razz Probably a messed up theory, but I'm basing it on e=mc2. Where Energy is equal to mass times the speed of light squared. Since photons are in a sense energy, therefore it must be an extremely tiny amount of mass moving really really fast.

Or more accurately, photons are mass that has been converted into pure energy, both being able to produce momentum.
avatar
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Posts : 1265
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 28
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF Vishna on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:50 am

Physics . . .

I just learned different kind of rays Very Happy

And welcome City of the USA
avatar
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Posts : 560
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 23
Location : Estonia

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF Ezio on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:29 pm

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:
UF Ezio wrote:I wouldn't say God... If I was, I'd be able to figure out how a photon has momentum but no mass... honestly the best thing I can come up with is that something somewhere is messed up in physics. Either A. Photons do have mass, and actually the entire Newtonian physics needs to be redone, or Photons don't exist... which screws up every wacked up theory out there atm, lol
I would say that photons is mass that has reached the speed of light, whereas mass that is hardly moving, is more "solid". Razz Probably a messed up theory, but I'm basing it on e=mc2. Where Energy is equal to mass times the speed of light squared. Since photons are in a sense energy, therefore it must be an extremely tiny amount of mass moving really really fast.

Or more accurately, photons are mass that has been converted into pure energy, both being able to produce momentum.

Perfectly viable answer, however we're dealing with Quantum mechanics not special relativity Razz Found out the answer yesterday. Anyways, photons have no mass, because they physically can't, otherwise the universe of physics as we define it would fall apart. So I did some research, and photons are actually formed by electrons, in a high energy level. When they drop an orbital around an atom, it produces a photon. The photon's velocity come from the actual electron, which is already orbiting the atom at the speed of light, and due to the conservation of energy, that momentum is transferred to the photon 100% efficiently due to the fact that it has no mass. As soon as a photon interacts with another electron, it boost that electron's energy level up another orbital. And the process continues. This can be done, because photons, since they have no mass, can be created and destroyed, without violating the conservation of matter law. And that's how photons interact with everyday things Razz so basically the light you see isn't the same light that came from a source XD if you want to do the math behind this? Here's the equation you need Razz you have to look at photon as a wave not a particle to do the math though.


So you had the 'E' sense right in that we're dealing with energy, but the problem comes in where photon's have no mass Razz so by E=Mc^2, the energy level would be equal to zero Razz this equation above is just a derivative of plank's constant.

Any questions? XD

_________________
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=3708&v=trending
avatar
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Posts : 365
Join date : 2011-10-27
Age : 22
Location : Dahlonega, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Well, I knew about how photons were created and destroyed, learnt that in physics like 6 years ago xD (wow I'm old Razz)
It also explains why a black material almost completely absorbs photons, and a white material is an almost complete reflection of photons at every frequency. And a red material, is a reflection of the red frequency of photons, and the absorption of all the other frequencies.

Ok, so photons have no mass, back to your original question, momentum... I have no idea xD
avatar
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Posts : 1265
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 28
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF Michael3005 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:13 pm

I love this sort of discussion, not a clue about momentum either, as in order to keep any momentum gained it must in theory have a mass right? though I suppose it all depends on the inviroment as no mass allso means no drag or deviation from trajectory, which is allso wierd as black holes (through their immense gravitaional pull) deviate and bend light which implies that photons do have mass or they wouldn't be affected by the gravitational pull.

Alot of things to ponder about Razz cheers guys
avatar
UF Michael3005
UF Admin
UF Admin

Posts : 566
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 23
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF Ezio on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:41 pm

... I already answered the photon question XD and photon's can't have mass-the world would be screwed over. First to go would be columb's law, charges can't have mass. All a photon is, is an energy packet that has the same momentum as it's host electron provided. And since an electron orbits at the speed of light around an atom, and a photon is ejected at a perpendicular... well use the equation. It works out mathematically.

Reasons why photon's can't have mass:
1. Photons are created AND destroyed
2. Columb's law is destroyed
3. Newton's law of gravity is destroyed
4. Special relativity never existed

So basically if photons had mass, everything as we know it would be completely screwed over. But it's not.

_________________
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=3708&v=trending
avatar
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Posts : 365
Join date : 2011-10-27
Age : 22
Location : Dahlonega, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF Ezio on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:46 pm

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:Well, I knew about how photons were created and destroyed, learnt that in physics like 6 years ago xD (wow I'm old Razz)
It also explains why a black material almost completely absorbs photons, and a white material is an almost complete reflection of photons at every frequency. And a red material, is a reflection of the red frequency of photons, and the absorption of all the other frequencies.

Ok, so photons have no mass, back to your original question, momentum... I have no idea xD

Here's my answer exactly above yours :

The photon's velocity come from the actual electron, which is already orbiting the atom at the speed of light, and due to the conservation of energy, that momentum is transferred to the photon 100% efficiently due to the fact that it has no mass. As soon as a photon interacts with another electron, it boost that electron's energy level up another orbital.

_________________
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=3708&v=trending
avatar
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Posts : 365
Join date : 2011-10-27
Age : 22
Location : Dahlonega, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  w4sh1ngton on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:20 am

UF OozY wrote:GO AWAY WASHINGTON!!!!!!! XD jk about time you joined the forums Very Happy

Haha, you're funny, Oozy.
And Ezio, stop being a nerd XD

w4sh1ngton
Guest
Guest

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF Ezio on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:59 pm

"Being a nerd" will get me somewhere in life XD you can't talk much either wash, i'll spare you and not post it publicly...

_________________
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=3708&v=trending
avatar
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Posts : 365
Join date : 2011-10-27
Age : 22
Location : Dahlonega, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF Norway on Fri May 25, 2012 5:00 pm

hey AndreasTilrem from the server here, i didnt understand anthing but some of the top comments and i have no idea how this turned into a science coversation but i am convinced that everyone here outsmart me. hope you like the clan Smile
avatar
UF Norway
UF Member
UF Member

Posts : 316
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 20
Location : I'm not sure, what do you think?

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF Michael3005 on Sat May 26, 2012 3:49 am

well then still not sure how light can be bent around a black hole instead of following it's linear pattern (I'm probably missing something really easy here)
avatar
UF Michael3005
UF Admin
UF Admin

Posts : 566
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 23
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Sat May 26, 2012 5:16 am

avatar
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Posts : 1265
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 28
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  UF Michael3005 on Sat May 26, 2012 10:15 am

aha thanks daft mistake xD
avatar
UF Michael3005
UF Admin
UF Admin

Posts : 566
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 23
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum