TF2 problems..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TF2 problems..

Post  UF Michael3005 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:11 am

Hey guys, well as the title says I dled TF2 yesturday, only problem is I launch it, it get's past the valve intro, then gets to the loading screen (with a clock I think) and then instead of getting the Menu, it goes black.

I then do a "CTRL, ALT, DLT" and it says in the task manager that TF2 is not reponding.

Any ideas? please help xD
UF Michael3005
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: TF2 problems..

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:02 am

No idea, I haven't had this problem. I think the menu is a bit buggy on startup, the music that plays when I start up is jumpy for a few seconds before it completely loads the menu... See if you can find out something about it on google, other people may have had the same problem.
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Norway on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:07 am

UF Michael3005 wrote:Hey guys, well as the title says I dled TF2 yesturday, only problem is I launch it, it get's past the valve intro, then gets to the loading screen (with a clock I think) and then instead of getting the Menu, it goes black.

I then do a "CTRL, ALT, DLT" and it says in the task manager that TF2 is not reponding.

when i have problems like that i just reboot if it dousent work reform or whatever if not?
buy new pc with dual core i7 prosessor and better graphic card
UF Norway
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Beazt on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:29 am

UF Norway wrote:
UF Michael3005 wrote:Hey guys, well as the title says I dled TF2 yesturday, only problem is I launch it, it get's past the valve intro, then gets to the loading screen (with a clock I think) and then instead of getting the Menu, it goes black.

when i have problems like that i just reboot if it dousent work reform or whatever if not?
I dont think buying new pc is a fix mich will chose...
Im not sure how it works with steam but compability mode usually fixes problems like that for me Very Happy
hope it helps .
UF Beazt
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Michael3005 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:39 am

UF Beazt wrote:
UF Norway wrote:

I dont think buying new pc is a fix mich will chose...
Im not sure how it works with steam but compability mode usually fixes problems like that for me Very Happy
hope it helps .

and how do I do that? xD
UF Michael3005
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Beazt on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Well, usually I would right click on programs icon (shortcut works too I think) and click troubleshoot compability or click properties and in compatibility tab would check "run this program in compatibility mode for:"

but im not sure how would it go with source game. It uses hl.exe so I would imagine that its the file you have to run in compatibility.
UF Beazt
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top