In the land of Nod...

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: In the land of Nod...

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Tue May 17, 2011 1:34 am

Well guys, I'm back from the Primitive ZONE!!! Razz

Going to a new game hey... well I personally don't like MMO's such as warcraft or whatever, they require too much thinking xD
But I think going into one as a clan can be fun, since we'll be together ^^

I'm going to buy CoD Black Ops for PC if others are willing to do the same or if they have the game already Wink

And I see we've done the classic UF Clan tradition of changing topics in a topic Razz

UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 on Tue May 17, 2011 6:06 am

Indeed we have.

But returning to the ops idea, i do agree, because me and vish already both ordered black ops from america and they should arrive into estonia in about week or two. So by all means dave, get it for PC Wink

UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna on Tue May 17, 2011 9:56 am

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:
Going to a new game hey... well I personally don't like MMO's such as warcraft or whatever, they require too much thinking xD

LOL? ? ? Thats says the guy who plays riddle games and made this topic? Too much thinking?

Startegy games, such as Warcraft III dont need much thinking, only an avarage in the meaning of game level. And if you not going to play the normal maps only, then WC III had thousands(i mean litery) custom maps and we could start making Uf clan map making also, since map editor is with game when you buy it. You can make tower defence. custom campaigns, cinematic(my favorite) risk style etc.
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Garanas on Tue May 17, 2011 10:09 am

UF Vishna wrote:
UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:

LOL? ? ? Thats says the guy who plays riddle games and made this topic? Too much thinking?

Startegy games, such as Warcraft III dont need much thinking, only an avarage in the meaning of game level. And if you not going to play the normal maps only, then WC III had thousands(i mean litery) custom maps and we could start making Uf clan map making also, since map editor is with game when you buy it. You can make tower defence. custom campaigns, cinematic(my favorite) risk style etc.

Didn't thought of that, agreed. you seem to love thinking Wire!

And, another bonus, is that the map editor is quite easy to use. It has logic in it, what makes it more easy for new players to get in, only problem is, that I mentioned before, it (can) lack graphics. Just check around at this site, and go to the map section:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/news.php

Just as Vishna said, it has over tenthousands of maps, which only 1 of 100 are actually good :p, but hey, alot of maps right?

UF Garanas
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna on Tue May 17, 2011 10:23 am

Ye, map editor is kinda easy to use. And it lets to too edit allmost everything what you want. And yes it lacks at graphic pary, but hey, is it so imoprtant. For exsample they a look those pictures what i putted out, all those are made with WC III. So if you want you can make good terrain with it. And one major good thing about it it that its cheap: About 10 € + expansion pack what is about same.(I strongly suggest to buy expansion pack also, cause normal game isnt active on multiplayer, expansion pack is)

If you wana check out maps, then go to :Here
Or take a look at some terrains to understand what kind of graphic you can make with WC III: Legendary terrains

If you have any questions about Warcraft III, then ask, since i have played that game about 4 years now.
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Garanas on Tue May 17, 2011 10:34 am

I've played it even longer, I think.
But, do realize that those pictures are LEGENDARY terrains, they have lots of custom models probably, but it is possible to make. It will take some time, though :p.

And now that I'm thinking about it, the graphics aren't that bad either, just try to make it look non-standard wc3 quality!

UF Garanas
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna on Tue May 17, 2011 11:17 am

Ok i didnt know that. Well my Acc in Europe is: The_Olorin and is USA(west) : Call_Me_Master
Hiveworkshop user is also The_Olorin.
Btw have you made any maps and what skill you have in mapping(terraining, triggering, modeling etc).
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Tue May 17, 2011 7:49 pm

UF Vishna wrote:
UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:

Yes, but... I'm not a fast thinker, it takes me a while to grasp new things, it also took me ages to figure out the rule to this game when I played it the first time. Strategy games require a lot of forward thinking, like chess, but I struggle with that and can only really react to the situation happening in the now...
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 on Wed May 18, 2011 7:18 am

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:
UF Vishna wrote:
UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:

Yes, but... I'm not a fast thinker, it takes me a while to grasp new things, it also took me ages to figure out the rule to this game when I played it the first time. Strategy games require a lot of forward thinking, like chess, but I struggle with that and can only really react to the situation happening in the now...

aww, Dave you tried to make a comeback? XD

Anyhow, i think it doesnt really need that much thinking rather then just a good team in general and a good team leader. For instance if you have a team leader and 2 other players, the one who says, now lets do this and that, is probably gonna win than the one whos going to be quiet. So all in all, you should just play with us team game Razz

Also anyone else thinking of getting black ops?

UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Garanas on Wed May 18, 2011 7:42 am

Well, I'm not quite sure. But if everyone else has it, then I will get it too, I guess.
My comp is going to die.
Anyway, what other games can we think of?

UF Garanas
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Wed May 18, 2011 9:38 am

No, I wasn't making a comeback, I was just stating scientific fact!

Get a new computer then, otherwise you won't be able to play any games, or make maps, etc Razz
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Garanas on Wed May 18, 2011 11:14 am

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:No, I wasn't making a comeback, I was just stating scientific fact!

Get a new computer then, otherwise you won't be able to play any games, or make maps, etc Razz

Making maps works fine with a hexacore :p

UF Garanas
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun on Wed May 18, 2011 6:09 pm

UF Garanas wrote:
UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:No, I wasn't making a comeback, I was just stating scientific fact!

Making maps works fine with a hexacore :p
wtf? affraid
And you say you're computer is going to get fried soon -.-'
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Garanas on Thu May 19, 2011 7:16 am

Hexacore as in, CPU :p, 3ds max only uses cpu as far I know, so that should be fine.
but my GPU, is going to get fried Wink

UF Garanas
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top